Adding SMIF to new PSoC6 project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

I'm running PSoC Creator 4.2 on Windows 10

I have a CY8CKIT-062-BLE and I've successfully run the example project CE220823 using the SMIF component.  I now want to add the SMIF component to a project that I'm building up so I followed the instructions in Appendix A to CE220823 supporting document (Document No. 002-20823 Rev.*B 5) about running the SMIF Configuration Tool.

The issue is that, although the cy_smif_memconfig.c and cy_smif_memconfig.h files are generated and I can see them in File Explorer, they don't appear in my project folder structure - questions:

1. In step 5, it says "Click File and save *.cysmif in the example root folder" but what is the folder that I should be saving my files into?  My .cywrk.csw file is in  is in C:\Cypress\PSoC6_T4 so is this the folder I should save into? And, for this step, If I go File > Save, it just saves somewhere without me saying where and, if I go File > Save As, I have to specify the filename so I'm not sure about this
  2. It's also ambiguous in the Options > Configurations dialog box as to what's being saved where - can you clarify?
  3. Do I need to add the generated files to my project?  If so, this is not specified in the steps I'm following

Thanks in advance.

Ted

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Ted,

I just tested it according to the steps mentioned in that doc. To your questions:

1. In step 5, it says "Click File and save *.cysmif in the example root folder" but what is the folder that I should be saving my files into?  My .cywrk.csw file is in  is in C:\Cypress\PSoC6_T4 so is this the folder I should save into? And, for this step, If I go File > Save, it just saves somewhere without me saying where and, if I go File > Save As, I have to specify the filename so I'm not sure about this

--you can save files into root folder of your project, take CE220823 as example: ...\SMIF_Memory_Write_and_Read_Operation01\SMIF_Memory_Write_and_Read_Operation01.cydsn

2. It's also ambiguous in the Options > Configurations dialog box as to what's being saved where - can you clarify?

--the same folder mentioned in Q1.

3. Do I need to add the generated files to my project?  If so, this is not specified in the steps I'm following

--no need to add them manually.

Please try then and let me know if it still doesn't work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Ted,

I just tested it according to the steps mentioned in that doc. To your questions:

--you can save files into root folder of your project, take CE220823 as example: ...\SMIF_Memory_Write_and_Read_Operation01\SMIF_Memory_Write_and_Read_Operation01.cydsn

--the same folder mentioned in Q1.

--no need to add them manually.

Please try then and let me know if it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Ted,

By default, when you right-click the SMIF component from TopDesign and save a *.cysmif configuration, it will be saved in the root folder of the project (as pointed by fwan​) from where you opened the config tool. This can be verified by the change in the title bar of the SMIF configuration tool after you do save (it will point to the cy_smif.cysmif file in the project .cydsn folder).

The file generation is automatically taken care if you select the "Generate code from cy_smif.smif file" in the SMIF component conifguration window (as shown below). For this you need to do create the cy_smif.smif file as explained in the document.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R