CYW20719: Download code to Flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per this document, we can place our code in the On Chip Flash, and have it run directly from there. However, I can't seem to download my code to the flash. I have tried adding the -BASEflash argument to my build target, the build console output still tells me my application is in RAM (If I increase my executable size to ~400KiB, then the device no longer works, which seems to line up with it stored in the application RAM). Adding -SPARflash results in a build error because it can't find 20719B1_flash.ld.

How does one download an application specifically to flash?

And if this is not possible, am I able to access the gigantic 1MB of flash to store my own data?

Nicholas

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The Wiced SDK will download the application to the flash. But it will not display that in the console window.

If you can run the application after reset, it indicates the application has been programmed to the flash.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The Wiced SDK will download the application to the flash. But it will not display that in the console window.

If you can run the application after reset, it indicates the application has been programmed to the flash.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you zhxh.

Am I also able to store data to flash?

0 Likes

Yes, you can use the API wiced_hal_write_nvram in the inculde/20719/hal/wiced_hal_nvram.h file.