Placing TCPWM in PSoC4000S fails

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sele_2039411
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have started experimenting with a TCPWM component on a PSoC4000S (CY8C4045AZI-S413). Placings this component in the .cysch fails fitting of the digital blocks.

My .cysch is almost empty. Apart from some GPIO, I only have the TCPWM component. I a aware that this is a fixed-function component that can only use specific output pin. Therefore, I have configured both output lines ("line", "line_n") of the TCPWM component to the correct pins. However, even if I do not lock the pins, the fitter fails to place the TCPWM component.

This is not the first time I use TCPWM with PSoC. however, my experience is mostly with PSoC4200M and PSoC5LP. I never had trouble placing a TCPWM component.

The error I get is:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

You cannot connect the ov signal to an ISR component, connect to the Interrupt signal instead.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
sele_2039411
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the latest edition of PSoC Creator (4.2) and the Peripheral Driver Library 3.0.3, recently updated on my machine.

Here comes my workspace bundle, if someone could try to reproduce the error on another setup.

Thanks a lot !

0 Likes

You cannot connect the ov signal to an ISR component, connect to the Interrupt signal instead.

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

thank you. Indeed, it works. However, I wonder if this is specific to the PSoC4000S family. In another project, on a PSoC4200M, I have connected the "ov" output of a TCPWM to an isr component:

pastedImage_0.png

It works nicely.

Do you have an explanation?

Best regards

0 Likes

The digital signal interface (DSI) fabric differs from PSoC family to family. I have red the solution here in the forum.

Bob

0 Likes