CYUS3014 receive data problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

My system is using cyusb3014 receiving data from FPGA and send the data to PC.Now when I am testing the transmission performance of my system,then a problem has occured. I am using the 2bits address,32bits synchronize mode.when all the 32bits data that the FPGA sends fliping simultaneously in the frequency of 100Mhz,my computer cannot receive data and the PC also can not detect the device(CYusb3014).And if the 32bits data do not flipping simultaneously ,the PC can receive the data correctly and normally.

Is there anyone meet the same problem ? Or somebody can help me ?Thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

You start the data transfer only after the device is enumerated(detected in the PC) right?

Please let me know what do you mean by "flipping of data". Can you try transferring the data at lower PCLK? (Just to check whether the issue is seen only at 100MHz)

Are you using http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an65974-designing-ez-usb-fx3-slave-fifo-inter... firmware? If not please use this.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes,I start the data transfer after the device is detected in the PC.

"flipping of data" is meaning that the 32bits data change from 0 to 1 (or from 1 to 0)simultaneously at the frequency of  100MHz .

I am using the fireware you mentioned above..

when the 32bits data goes from 0 to 1 (or from 1 to 0) simultaneously at the frequency of  100MHz .even the control signals disabled(eg,slwr_n keeps high,slrd_n keeps high),the PC can not detect the device.When the data keep unchanged,the PC will detect the device again.

I have test the power that used by CYUSB3014 and FPGA,there is no abnormal condition.

And if I lower the frequency from 100MHz to 75Mhz,the circumstance will not appear.

0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

This may be because the GPIF II power domain gets affected with noise, when the GPIF II data switches at higher rate.  If the GPIF II power domain (VIO1 , VIO2) is shorted with other VIO supplies and CVDDQ (in the schematic) , then the noise will propagate to those power domains as well. This may cause data transfer / enumeration issues.

You have to isolate CVDDQ from other VIO domains using choke. You may also try using a stable clock oscillator over a crystal.

0 Likes