Reading flash when read protected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShM_1238346
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have dual boot application.

I want to protect the bootloader and bootloadable area of the flash from external read, but want them to be programmable in field.

When the protection level is set as F, can I still program the bootloader (using JTAG) and bootloadable (Using USB cable) and verify that whatever programmed is correct.

Basically want to check if bootloader and bootloadable files were programmed when the flash is read protected.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hi,

Factory Upgrade (F) protection setting allows internal read, internal write, external write and disables external read. Thus, user can bootload application over USB and cannot read flash content. Please refer to Table 1. Flash Protection Levels for allowed operation for each row protection levels.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hi,

Factory Upgrade (F) protection setting allows internal read, internal write, external write and disables external read. Thus, user can bootload application over USB and cannot read flash content. Please refer to Table 1. Flash Protection Levels for allowed operation for each row protection levels.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes