CYBT-343026-EVAL:How to debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3572401
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I am using CYBT-343026-EVAL with WICED 6.1 now.

To know how the board is  going,I want to debug.

For example,To know how [hci_audio_gateway]  is going,

what should I do,and how to do,Could you Please teach me.WICED Studio BluetoothWICED Studio Bluetooth Forumsbroadcomwiced-adminmifo

0 Likes
1 Solution

We recommend the trace log for debug.

The J-link is also supported. Please refer to "Debugging Support Using a J-Link Probe" in the doc file of the WICED Studio.

Please use the "C_FLAGS += -DDEBUG" instead of "C_FLAGS += DEBUG" to enable the debug function.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi Yulong,

Here are some materials for you to start with the EVAL board.

The schematic and start guide: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cybt-343026-eval-ez-bt-module-arduino-ev...

The platform files and program method for the EVAL board: Platform Files for CYBT-343026-EVAL – KBA221025

If you just start with the WICED environment, I suggest you to start with demo/hello_sensor which may be a good start. You can install an app on your phone to connect with the device. You can use the CYSmart here: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-mobile-app​ .

There are some explanation of the demo in the hello_sensor.c which may be helpful for you.

I think I did not clearly my question.

I have already complete downloading hello_sensor to CYBT-343026-EVAL board,

else I have used client_control to complete pair to Headset and Android phone with CYBT-343026-EVAL .

To know how the sample source cord exacly is going,I want to know how to  debug.

I think if I know how to debug a program, I can trace the program step to step to know

・how [ hello_sensor ] is going,

・how [ hci_audio_gateway] is going

・how CYBT-343026-EVAL paired to Headset is going,

which file,which source cord line is executed.

Could you tell me that?

0 Likes

Please use the trace log to debug the code. Can you see the trace log from the puart?

0 Likes

1.Please tell me how can I get trace log from puart?

2.From the 1st question,I have been keep asking how to debug,

can you tell me that?

2.Is the trace log the only way that to see how is the program going ?

0 Likes

Please take a look at the doc/WICED-CYW920706WCDEVAL-Kit-Guide.pdf. The document gives an introduction about the application structure of hello_sensor. And also describes how to route trace messages to the UART.

The usual debug way is trace log. You can add your own logs in the application code as the document describes.

For the hardware setting of the CYBT-343026, you need to turn off the HCI UART and turn on the PUART when you route the trace log to the PUART.

1.Is output log to trace the only way to debug?

2.I read some messages about debug J-link.Is it possible to debug with J-link?

3.I also saw WICED->Eclipse Marketplace->search gnu and like picture.Why can I not install it.

gnu.PNGchoice.PNGerror.PNG

0 Likes

We recommend the trace log for debug.

The J-link is also supported. Please refer to "Debugging Support Using a J-Link Probe" in the doc file of the WICED Studio.

Please use the "C_FLAGS += -DDEBUG" instead of "C_FLAGS += DEBUG" to enable the debug function.