psoc 6 timers in low power

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrahamS_21
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

I have a requirement to clock 3 counters from within the PSoC at 27MHz. i want to time the difference between 3 external events.

the smallest difference is 37ns, with the whole process being completed within 7us.

i don't need to process any of this data until completion.

ideally i'd like to be in deep sleep but the wake up transition looks like it will take too long. in low power active (just on the M4 core) what clock can i use to generate the 27MHz, and what would the current consumption be during this process?

thanks

graham

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

clock.png

Hello Graham,

You can use any of the clocks mentioned above in the table (LPACTIVE mode).

In the LPACTIVE/LPSLEEP modes, the maximum device current should not exceed 25 mA (refer to the datasheet for min/max numbers). Firmware should

enable/disable blocks and reduce the clock frequencies appropriately to ensure power consumption does not exceed the limit.

If you have any doubts please feel free to ping a message here.

Thanks,

Yeshwanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

clock.png

Hello Graham,

You can use any of the clocks mentioned above in the table (LPACTIVE mode).

In the LPACTIVE/LPSLEEP modes, the maximum device current should not exceed 25 mA (refer to the datasheet for min/max numbers). Firmware should

enable/disable blocks and reduce the clock frequencies appropriately to ensure power consumption does not exceed the limit.

If you have any doubts please feel free to ping a message here.

Thanks,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes

Thanks Yeshwanth

Is there a power calculator that i can use to estimate the active current consumption?

thanks again

graham

0 Likes

As far as I know, there are no power calculators. You can measure the current by connecting an ammeter to the J8 header on the PSoC 6 development board.

For power reduction you can turn off clocks which are not required.

Thanks,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes