Build FX3 Firmware though C# Program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So I'm currently working on a program that will build the FX3, IMG file after being given the path of the folder containing the source code files. However I'm struggling to understand the calls I make, to compile and build the project. Ideally I would be able to use the "CMake" or "Make" functions from the command line, then just run this through my C# program.

Kind Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Ricky,

Cypress suggest its users to build the firmware using Eclipse provided along with FX3SDK package. However, if you want to write a C# code to compile the source code, you have to invoke an ARM GCC Tool chain setup by SDK installer and also make use of make file in the project directory. I am directing you to one github repository. Hope this will help you.

fx3-cmake/fx3.cmake at master · h4tr3d/fx3-cmake · GitHub

https://github.com/h4tr3d/fx3-cmake/blob/master/cmake/fx3.cmake

Thanks & regards

Abhinav   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Ricky,

Cypress suggest its users to build the firmware using Eclipse provided along with FX3SDK package. However, if you want to write a C# code to compile the source code, you have to invoke an ARM GCC Tool chain setup by SDK installer and also make use of make file in the project directory. I am directing you to one github repository. Hope this will help you.

fx3-cmake/fx3.cmake at master · h4tr3d/fx3-cmake · GitHub

https://github.com/h4tr3d/fx3-cmake/blob/master/cmake/fx3.cmake

Thanks & regards

Abhinav   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Abhinav,

I've managed to get quite close to compiling it with the "cs-make all" command. However I keep getting the error "arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find $ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a: No such file or directory". I have double check my system variable for ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH and can confirm that this indeed points to the right directory. Any other tips on why it cant locate the libc.a file?

Cheers

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please share "arm-none-eabi-ld.1" which is throwing error.

-Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Abhinav,

I've manage to use a combination of the GitHub link you sent me and this one, bladeRF/fx3_firmware at master · Nuand/bladeRF · GitHub , to program the FX3 via the command line.

Kind Regards

Ricky

0 Likes