About Wi-Fi Firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeKi_2184131
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

When a project is compiled, Wi-Fi Firmware (ex. 43362A2.bin) has largest file  that the size is over 200KB.

Q1. Is this file offers binary format only?

Q2. How can I get down-size Wi-Fi firmware file? or Wi-Fi firmware file can be modified by user?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is a binary blob that goes in to the WLAN chip. WICED version 3.3.0 support exteranl WIFI firmware reading. Have a look at apps/snip/firmware_external to see how to move the firmware in external flash.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bassem

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is a binary blob that goes in to the WLAN chip. WICED version 3.3.0 support exteranl WIFI firmware reading. Have a look at apps/snip/firmware_external to see how to move the firmware in external flash.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bassem

0 Likes

Hi Bassem,

Thanks for your comment.

SDK 3.3.0 that you said hasn't yet been launched on Wiced download page.

When it will be released?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I'm trying to load the wifi firmware image from the external flash. How could I achieve this? The apps/snip/firmware_external directory does not seem to be present in WICED 3.3.0, 3.3.1 or 3.4.0 - do you know where I could find it?

Thanks.

0 Likes

bdawood wrote:

Hi,

Hi bdawood​,

apps/snip/firmware_external does not exist in any SDK version.

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

3.3.1 will be the next release in July/August.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi gangi,

I'm looking for 3.3.0 SDK rather than 3.3.1. SDK.

I found some people are using SDK-3.3.0 on the forum but cannot find the place to download.

Can you point me where to get the SDK?

Thanks.

0 Likes

We released it to very few people to support certain HW which was not supported in 3.1.2.

Do you have a HW platform that is not supported?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no apps/snip/firmware_external folder at all in any of the releases from 3.3.0 so far.. at least from the releases that can be downloaded officially.. can i know from where i can get the same?

I saw the last question in this thread also asking the same, but left unanswered

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am currently working on an application with a combo chip (Wi-Fi + BLE). I noticed that the chip firmware itself occupies more than half of the internal memory, and for this reason I am in short of memory.

A good solution can be storing this binary into the external memory, as it has been discussed previously in this topic.

You suggested a solution, but it seems that nothing has been released yet. What is the current status for this issue ?

Thanks !

SDK version : WICED 3.3.1

Microcontroller : STM32F415

Wi-Fi/BT chip : Murata Type 1BW (based on BCM43341)

0 Likes