About the PSOC63 specifications

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

・Could you please tell me the current consumption based on the following conditions

(Q1) Txp - p (DC -  DC):  xxx mA (+ 4 dBm)?

(Q2) Rxp - p (DC- DC):  xxx mA (1 Mbps)?

・ Please tell me the value under the following conditions for Power Sleep Mode

(Q3) Deep Sleep = 0.3 uA (VDDD = 1.8 V?) is it correct? ※Activated with external trigger

(Q4) Deep sleep(RTC)    xxx uA? ※RTC start (with/ without RAM holding)

(Q5) Standby(RAM retention)  xxx uA?

・ About Ave. (Connected / Int. 200 ms)

(Q6) Could you please tell me the average current when it is connected as 200ms (it is ok not 200ms but 100ms)

・ Ave.(Advertising)  

(Q7) Please tell me the average current during first / slow advertisement

・Clock

(Q8) Please tell me the type of Internal Clock?

Best Regards

arai

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Arai,

1. TX Current at 4-dBm setting (1Mbps) – 13mA.

2. RX Current at 1 Mbps – 6.7mA  (VDDD = 3.3 V current with buck).

3. Deep Sleep with internal Buck enabled and 64K SRAM retention – 7µA.

4. Advertising_Power (1.28s, 32 bytes, 0 dBm) – 42µW with 3.3 V, Buck.

5. Connection_Power (300ms, 0 byte, 0 dBm) – 70µW with 3.3 V, Buck.

NOTE: Advertising and connection average current consumption depends on the Interval which we are provided. For Fast advertising the current consumption is more when compared with slow advertising. For more details on BLE low power applications please refer the document Designing for Low Power and Estimating Battery Life for BLE Applications.

6.  Three internal clock sources: (a) Internal main oscillator (IMO)

(b) Internal low-speed oscillator (ILO)

(c) Precision 32-kHz internal low-speed oscillator (PILO)

Please refer the document PSoC 63 with BLE Datasheet for more details on PSoC 63 Specifications where you can get detailed information on your requirements.

Thanks,

PSYU.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Any updates? We have to fix this issue ASAP.

Best Regards

0 Likes

Hello Arai,

1. TX Current at 4-dBm setting (1Mbps) – 13mA.

2. RX Current at 1 Mbps – 6.7mA  (VDDD = 3.3 V current with buck).

3. Deep Sleep with internal Buck enabled and 64K SRAM retention – 7µA.

4. Advertising_Power (1.28s, 32 bytes, 0 dBm) – 42µW with 3.3 V, Buck.

5. Connection_Power (300ms, 0 byte, 0 dBm) – 70µW with 3.3 V, Buck.

NOTE: Advertising and connection average current consumption depends on the Interval which we are provided. For Fast advertising the current consumption is more when compared with slow advertising. For more details on BLE low power applications please refer the document Designing for Low Power and Estimating Battery Life for BLE Applications.

6.  Three internal clock sources: (a) Internal main oscillator (IMO)

(b) Internal low-speed oscillator (ILO)

(c) Precision 32-kHz internal low-speed oscillator (PILO)

Please refer the document PSoC 63 with BLE Datasheet for more details on PSoC 63 Specifications where you can get detailed information on your requirements.

Thanks,

PSYU.

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I think that there are some method to wake up from Deep Sleep.(External trigger, RTC, etc)
The difference of the wake up method, I believe that regardless of the current consumption of the Deep sleep.Just in case, when wake up with external trigger or using RTC,Is there a difference in the current consumption below? If so, please tell me the each power consumption.

>3. Deep Sleep with internal Buck enabled and 64K SRAM retention – 7µA.

>

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes

Hello Arai,

In case of External trigger wakeup source we can disable all the low frequency clocks before entering into Deep Sleep mode so the power consumption will be same as 7µA. But in case of RTC we have to enable the Low frequency clock(ILO) so it consumes extra current in range 0.3 to 0.7 µA.

Thanks,

PSYU.

0 Likes