GPIF PKTEND Signal no active in FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, everyone:

I get a problem with FX3 GPIF port.

According to my understanding,a P to U DMA manual Channel will commit data to Host in follow two conditions:

1. one buffer filled

2. PKTEND became low

In my test, I control the PKTEND in FPGA, and the last data packet is not  equal to the buffer size , sometime HOST can receive the last packet, but sometime can not, until the buffer size that include the last packet filled with the next fram data packet. I am sure the FPGA prroutine  is fine, it seems like the FX3 didn't respond the PKTEND.

Are there any suggestions? Or are there any other way to control the condition that commit data?

0 Likes
1 Solution
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hello Liu Hengliang,

Please check the FIFOADDR Lines. It must be held constant during the PKTEND# assertion.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hello Liu Hengliang,

Please check the FIFOADDR Lines. It must be held constant during the PKTEND# assertion.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, aani:

I just have one FX3 as slave FIFO , so i set the A[1:0] as constant value 0 in FPGA. It looks like no problem.

Any other suggestions ?

Please.

0 Likes

Hi,

1. Please confirm whether your using the slave fifo example code provided with AN65974?

2.Please attach the slave fifo interface timing diagram.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes