Modify Stepper Motor Program from Microstepping to simple full stepping

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have used  the following example program provided with the PSoC Pioneer Kit and the CY8CKIT-037 PSoC4 Motor Control Evaluation Kit to rotate a Stepper Motor in both CW and CCW directions. I intend to use this to introduce the basic principles of Stepper Motor Control in an educational setting. Therefore, I would like to have some inputs on how this program can be modified from Microstep to simple FULL STEP. I would like to retain the provision for Start/Run  and speed control which is currently available using the SW2 and the Potentiometer ( Variable resistor R38). Appreciate help from the Cypress community.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Emmar,

Please check if the below section is helpful, it is not directly documented or have an option in PSoC Creator project to change the stepping:

5.7 Stepper Motor Control Code Example.

http://www.cypress.com/file/141156/download

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Emmar,

Please check if the below section is helpful, it is not directly documented or have an option in PSoC Creator project to change the stepping:

5.7 Stepper Motor Control Code Example.

http://www.cypress.com/file/141156/download

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jobi,

Thanks for your reply. I had gone through the 5.7.2 Stepper Motor Control Code Example Overview and am able to follow the program flow. When you write " it is not directly documented or have an option in PSoC Creator project to change the stepping" - are  you saying that it is not possible to modify the program from microstepping to full-step?

Shouldn't it be possible to generate two PWM signals having the same frequency - but delayed phase to turn on the MOSFETs Q1 - Q8 in the appropriate  sequence to activate the two  windings of the stepper motor ( please see second figure below)

I am also not very clear about the need for the two LUTs as shown below. I  would like to modify the example code to  generate the PWM signals as shown in the second figure. I would like to retain the feature whereby we can adjust the speed of the motor with the variable resistor -  should be possible by changing the frequency of the PWM. Thanks once again for your inputs.

pastedImage_1.png

IpastedImage_2.png

0 Likes