canned_send example fails to run

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I'm trying canned_send example in wwd folder for sending UDP data from CYW954907AEVAL1F to the PC. In the debug mode (wwd.canned_send-NoOS-NoNS-CYW954907AEVAL1F-debug download), the program is compiled without errors. However, on the terminal it only shows this:

Platform CYW954907AEVAL1F initialised

Starting Wiced vWiced_006.001.000.0040

I traced down the code and realized that the program stops at wwd_clm.c in the following line:

CHECK_IOCTL_BUFFER( iov_data );

as function wwd_sdpcm_get_iovar_buffer returns Null one line before this.

step into the function , internal_host_buffer_get returns a NULL, because the size requested is larger than internal_buffer_max_size

so i change the pkt_buffer size in main , the wwd_sdpcm_get_iovar_buffer  works

however another problem appears, the program loops in wwd_sdpcm_send_ioctl  ,it seems like it can not receive a sem from wifi chip when execute

wwd_thread_poll_all( ); so the program stop here forever.

so anybody knows the reason, please assist me with this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

As per the makefile, CYW954907AEVAL1F is not a valid platform for wwd.canned_send. Please test it with BCM943362WCD4 which is a valid platform.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

As per the makefile, CYW954907AEVAL1F is not a valid platform for wwd.canned_send. Please test it with BCM943362WCD4 which is a valid platform.