CY14B116M is busy?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use a CY14B116M, the package is  TSOP II. We operate the internal address space of MCU,without  CE ,OE, , WE BLE and BHE, but its bus has a large number of data and address operation,then the HSB is low. We change the CY14B116M to CY14B108M is OK?   

Is it different with these two chips?How can I use the CY14B116M?

12 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Why don't you use the CE ,OE, , WE BLE and BHE? You only connected HSB pin of CY14B116M to a MCU only?

Roy Liu
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No,I connected all the signals to MCU,but I haven't operated the nvSRAM, the HSB is low.   

0 Likes

Can you share shematics of the nvSRAM portion with us.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I can.  Can you leave your email. My email is gulinzhu@njhtzd.com,thank you!

无标题.png

0 Likes

The HSB pin can go low either if it is externally pulled low or if there are glitches on the VCC pin. If the voltage at Vcc goes velow Vswitch level then the HSB is pulled low internally. Can you check if there are any glitches on the VCC pin. This can be a potential reason.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Are you observing HSB# low all the time or is it only at the power up?

Can you provide more details about how you are observing this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,the test process is as the attachment,thank you

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes , I have triggered with the falling edge of VCC, and the triggle level is 3.1V, it never be triggered.

Please see the attachment for the test process. Thank you!

0 Likes
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

We checked the details provided by you and we need some clarifications.

1. As per our understanding you have short circuited the HSB# pins of both 16Mb devices and connected to CPU_Wait pin. Is our understanding correct?

2. I did not understand how you replaced one of the 16Mb devices with 8Mb one. How are the HSB# pins connected when you replaced 16Mb with 8Mb? Are they still short circuited?

3. Where is the variable read_buffer located, is it stored in the nvSRAMs?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,thank you very much for reply my question.

1.We have separated the HSB pins of each device by tilting the HSB pin and pulling it through the resistor,and break the connection with the CPU pin.

2.As the package of 16M chip is the same with the 8M one , we remove the 16M chip, soldering the 8M chip, and the HSB pins are separated.

3.The Variable read_buffer is stored in the internal storage space and is not stored in nvSRAM.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you please share with us the complete test code you are using. We will need to debug it to find the issue, as you stated in the test document also.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK ,I will upload our test code,thank you!

0 Likes