How to modify MAC header when using CYW43907?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeDe_2507241
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

We are trying to modify the MAC header of packets.

Especially we need to set the power management bit to 0 when the power save mode is enabled.

Is there anyway to achieve this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi :

We have methods to set PM mode in wwd_wifi.c  , 

wwd_wifi_enable_powersave_interface(wwd_interface_t interface)  // this will set PM mode to 1 , you can change to 2 also .

wwd_wifi_disale_powersave_interface(void)  ;  // this will set PM mode to 0

you can have  a try to call the interface to see if the bit changed.

As I remember PM = 0 means never going to power save mode,  PM=1, or 2, is the normal mode.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Are you ever trying to capture the sniffer logs to check the Power manager bit from the PS-POLL control frame when connected with a AP?

and power management bit to 0 means station will keep awake ,  1 means station will go to power-save mode,   Can you confirm this? thanks.

Thank you for the response!

We can see the flags using Tshark.

We need to modify the MAC header to implement new duty cycling algorithms. Basically we need to manually set/clear this bit without the intervention of WLAN firmware.

0 Likes

Hi :

We have methods to set PM mode in wwd_wifi.c  , 

wwd_wifi_enable_powersave_interface(wwd_interface_t interface)  // this will set PM mode to 1 , you can change to 2 also .

wwd_wifi_disale_powersave_interface(void)  ;  // this will set PM mode to 0

you can have  a try to call the interface to see if the bit changed.

As I remember PM = 0 means never going to power save mode,  PM=1, or 2, is the normal mode.

Yes, the bit is changes as expected. But we need to control this behavior and a higher level, not through these APIs.

We need to change the bit regardless of the PSM used. Basically we need to build the MAC header manually.

0 Likes

Hi:

I can't understand the higher level process to modify MAC frame ,  Can you explain the flow ? thanks.

0 Likes