How to install WICED Studio on Mac

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having issues installing WICED Studio on my Mac. I have followed the extra steps outlined here: WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (OSX) . Everything seems to go normally but once the installer has completed and I try to open the application I receive a warning: Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 8.54.20 AM.png

I have attached the log file but an excerpt is shown below.

`

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core 4 0 2018-07-09 08:46:30.336

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core [43]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core; bundle-version="5.0.100"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core; bundle-version="8.3.0.201502131403"; singleton:="true"

org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core [78]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.cdt.core; bundle-version="[5.0.0,6.0.0)"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.cdt.core; bundle-version="5.9.1.201502131403"; singleton:="true"

org.eclipse.cdt.core [53]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.7))"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

`

My guess is it was a Java version mismatch, but I've since tried with Java versions 9, 8, and 7 with the exact same result. The macOS version I am using is 10.12.6.

I've tried version 6.2.1 and 6.1.0 again with the same results. I'm kind of at a loss of what to try next.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

First check the java version installed in your system. I would recommend removing the older version if installed (example command uses 1.6 version, choose your version) of Java by using sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/  before proceeding with the fresh installation. If you check the installation notes WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (OSX) , there is a link provided to install Java SE 8 and then check the version from the terminal. If the version still returns an old version, the command sequence that you have to follow to correctly link the updated Java is also mentioned.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RaktimR_11

First check the java version installed in your system. I would recommend removing the older version if installed (example command uses 1.6 version, choose your version) of Java by using sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/  before proceeding with the fresh installation. If you check the installation notes WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (OSX) , there is a link provided to install Java SE 8 and then check the version from the terminal. If the version still returns an old version, the command sequence that you have to follow to correctly link the updated Java is also mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rroy

Thanks for responding! I definitely do not and have not had version 1.6 installed. I initially only had 9 but when that failed I installed 8 as per the instructions. Neither worked. Is this only compatible with version 8? Should I uninstall 9?

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Please try uninstalling version 9 using sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.9.0.jdk/ and then install the 1.8 version and see if the problem persists. If you are still seeing some issue, please provide the log stored in your metadata folder for further analysis.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already tried that multiple times. the log file is attached with the original post. I can generate a new one if you think that is worthwhile.

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

I sincerely apologize for missing out the log in the first interaction. Do you mean to say when you have Java 1.8 installed, still you are receiving the same error? you may find Eclipse Community Forums: Newcomers » FrameworkEvent ERROR somewhat relevant.

0 Likes