auto re-calibration takes very long time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I am working on a PSOC4000S Evalkit (4045) with programm-example "CE210311_CapSense_P4_ADC_Sequential01"

I already did some Capsense experience with a fix programmed IC like the CY8CMBR3116.

With the CY8CMBR3116 - if change or take away the Overlay (for example change from 4mm to a 10mm Glass) it tooks about 4-5seconds and all sense was recalibrated to 0 diffcounts and I could touch and got correct detections again.

Now with the programmable PSOC4000S the recalibration time is much longer, so if change or take away the overlay/glass it takes aprox 2-3min until all sensors are calibrated, respectievly reseted to 0 diffcounts.

So where can I setup, or force a reset if a decalibration is detected (e.g. removed overlay etc.)?

Or is there a function I can call to force a calibration?

thank you very much

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Pierre Kaeser,

If you are using Smart sense (Full Auto tune) , whenever you change the environment of the CapSense sensors you should recalibrate the CapSense block with the new parameters. To do this just call the API CapSense-Start(). Before calling the CapSense_Start() API call the API CapSense_Stop().

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
whenever you change the environment of the CapSense sensors you should recalibrate the CapSense

is there also a function available which detect if the environment has changed or not? - or do I need to detect that with my own programm-code?

thank you very much

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect you might be able to read some of the raw values from the capsense to detect changes in the environment, but one way or another, it is left up to the user to handle the environment change detection/compensation (If I am not mistaken).

0 Likes

Hi,

It is possible to detect the environment change while the application is running by observing the raw counts. But if there is power off and on event or any reset event, the CapSense parameters will be reconfigured according to the present environment. So while detecting the environment changes there should not be any power off or reset event.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes