Copy back program operation with random data input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using Cypress NAND Flash memory: S34ML04G200TFI000 IC for data storage (Data acquisition). I am writing 2k data into main memory and 32 bytes in spare memory (2049-2080 address).

If Page program operation is failed, I want to copy the rest pages in the same block to other block without changing data.

By seeing data sheet I am not understood “copy back program operation with random data input” operation (fig 6.17 and page-54).

• In this fig after Target address is written on I/O, what is data refereed?
  • What will happen for empty space (spare memory (2081-2175 address))? copy back program operation with random data input operation will copy the empty spare memory?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Ujwala,

The data box in the diagram (dotted box) indicates that the data is optional in case the user wishes to make any changes to the data. The page will be copied as is including the empty spare area space.

Thank you and have a nice day

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Ujwala,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. We are currently reviewing your issue and will get back to as soon as we find the resolution.

Have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello Ujwala,

The data box in the diagram (dotted box) indicates that the data is optional in case the user wishes to make any changes to the data. The page will be copied as is including the empty spare area space.

Thank you and have a nice day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u for the reply.

Still i am not understanding the full function of copy back program operation.

1. whether ECC is required for copy back program?
  2. if ECC is required, how corrected data will be send  to NF.
  3. for read and write data in copy back program, write and read enable signals are necessary to use?

please provide any literature about copy back program NF operation.

0 Likes
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Ujwala,

During COPYBACK operations, data is moved internally within the device without external input or output unless data needs to be modified or corrected. In the event that errors are detected during copyback, it is recommended that the host controller correct these errors using ECC, although it is not necessary to complete the operation. If the errors are corrected, then the corrected data needs to be inputted before it is programmed back to the NAND Flash device to maintain data integrity.

If no errors are detected, no data needs to be inputted before it is programmed back to the NAND Flash device.

Have a nice day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes