FM25V05 device ID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I have a question about the FM25V05 device ID. We have some FM25V05 devices and when I read the device ID of this devices I get on command "Device ID" (9Fh) the device ID as described in the data sheet "7F7F7F7F7F7FC22300h" on most of the devices. But I get also a little bit different device ID "7F7F7F7F7F7FF22312h". I check this information on oscilloscope and this is truly the device ID answer I get from this FM25V05 device.

What is the reason of this different device ID?

Best regards

Rudi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitive a singular problem on one device only. Also with some problems on write/read. Maybe out of order. Device selected out !

Threat will be closed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Rudi,

Can you provide us with the top marking of the devices. We can check the lot number and check for any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pradipta,

thanks for your replay.

I attached two images. One with the top marking of the FM25V05

FM25V05_DeviceID-7F7F7F7F7F7FF22312h.jpg

and one with a screenshot from oscilloscope. In this one you can see, this is the real answer of the FM25V05.

Green line = CS; Yellow line = CLK; Red line = MOSI

Last 3 bytes of 'Device ID' zoomed.

Screenshot_FM25V05_WrongDeviceID.png

As I said, another FM25V05 answers with the device ID described in the data sheet.

Best regards

Rudi

0 Likes

Hi Rudy,

Is only one unit showing this behavior or there are other units as well showing the incorrect device ID. If there are other units as well can you provide us the top marking of them also.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pradipta,

sorry for my delay, I have done some more tests. At the moment it seems that only a single device have this wrong device ID. Very suspicious!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards

Dipl.-Ing. (Univ) Rudolf Richter

Knorr-Bremse Powertech GmbH & Co. KG

Engineer Development Software, R&D, R/PSE1

Ohmstrasse 1, D-83607 Holzkirchen

Phone +49 8024 990 482

Fax +49 8024 990 300

<mailto:Rudolf.Richter@kb-powertech.com >

<http://www.kb-powertech.com/>

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitive a singular problem on one device only. Also with some problems on write/read. Maybe out of order. Device selected out !

Threat will be closed.

0 Likes