usblyzer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am using usblyzer,i am able to capture the data,but every time data transfer from fx2lp to host is fixed to 4 bytes only(raw data).how to solve this?

i have attached the screenshot of usblyzer.please help me.

regards,

geethanjali

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Geethanjali,

The Control Center is the one that requests for data from the FX2LP device. Without a request from the host, the data transfer will not happen and there will be no captures seen on the USBLyzer. Capture should be started on the analyzer and the Control Center should be used to initiate transfers.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

16 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geethanjali,

- How is the data being committed by the FX2LP? Is it in terms of 4 bytes or something different?

- Kindly, share the descriptor information containing the details about the HID report descriptor in case you are using the device in the HID class.

- Also, let know if you are using your custom application to read the data.

- Please share the entire USB trace captured if possible.

Best regards,

Srinath S

How is the data being committed by the FX2LP? Is it in terms of 4 bytes or something different?

->fx2lp is in slavefifo mode, i have set IN bulk buffer size as 512 bytes,but in usblyzer i dont know why it is showing 4 bytes transfer.

Kindly, share the descriptor information containing the details about the HID report descriptor.

->what do you mean by HID report ?

Also, let know if you are using your custom application to read the data.

->fx2lp is in vendor class,i am not using any application,simply program the fx2lp with slave.hex file and capturing the data in usblyzer software application.

Please share the entire USB trace captured if possible.

->i am not able to capturing.

please look at this snapshot.

regards.

geethanjalusblyzer4.bmp

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

- Are you using any of the App Note example firmware or is it your customized firmware?

- Please note that USBLyzer may capture the USB traffic on all the USB devices. Kindly, ensure that you are viewing the data pertaining to the FX2LP device.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello shrinath,

its fx2lp slavefifo firmware,i have mentioned that.

regards,

geethanjali.

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

Please check if you are looking at the data transmitted/received to/from the Cypress FX2LP device. USBLyzer captures traffic on the entire USB bus.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

hello shrinath,

how to verify that data is transmitted or recieved?

regards,

geethanjali.

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

- In the USBLyzer, look for the Cypress FX2LP device's VID/PID and the IN/OUT transactions performed on the device number.

- Use the Cypress USB Control Center to perform transactions and check the number of bytes transmitted or received.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Hello shrinath,

Use the Cypress USB Control Center to perform transactions and check the number of bytes transmitted or received.

->i am able to see data in the control center but not able to see the same data in the usblyzer.in rawdata box.

in the USBLyzer, look for the Cypress FX2LP device's VID/PID and the IN/OUT transactions performed on the device number.

->firmware has only bulk in endpoint(0x86).please go through screenshot that i have sent you.

in usblyzer, i am able to see cypress fx2lp device information.

please guid me ,how to check data recieved by the pc that is transmitted by fx2lp?

regards,

geethanjali.

0 Likes

Hello shrinath,

how toc check raw data transmitted by fx2lp?

regards,

geethanjali.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Geethanjali,

- Choose 'Options' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Capture' and increase the size to suit your transfer.

- Also, under 'Capture' tab, navigate to 'Capture Settings' and increase the 'URB Transfer Buffer Size Limit'.

Kindly, find the attached image that has the raw data captured from the FX2LP device.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Hello shrinath,

under Options' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Capture' and increase the size to suit your transfer.

i set 420MB/360MB file size.

Capture' tab, navigate to 'Capture Settings' and increase the 'URB Transfer Buffer Size Limit'.

I  set 32k/64k size limit.

but request details and raw data are only 4 bytes.

is it usblyzer problem?

please look at the attached snap.siz2.bmp

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

- Please check if you are selecting the proper device (Cypress FX2LP device) before starting the capture. From the attachment, it seems that you are capturing the traffic on some other USB device. Kindly, check.

Best regards,

Srinath S

hello shrinath,

please look at this snapshot,

the capture button and capture settings are disabled(not showing red color as previous images when i installed in another windows xp).how to enable these options?

regards,

geetha.usb12.bmp

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

- Please check the other settings if those are the same as in the other working PC.

- For further queries on the usage of USBLyzer, kindly, contact the technical support platform of USBLyzer.

USBlyzer Technical Support

Best regards,

Srinath S

thanks shrinath,

i am able to capture the data.but if i want to see data in usblyzer,every time i need to request transferin in the default control center?is it ?

should i run my control center application on the windows side?

regards,

geetha.usb123456.bmp

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

The Control Center is the one that requests for data from the FX2LP device. Without a request from the host, the data transfer will not happen and there will be no captures seen on the USBLyzer. Capture should be started on the analyzer and the Control Center should be used to initiate transfers.

Best regards,

Srinath S