CY7C68013A no device in control-center after program RAM or EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am encountering a problem with  CY7C68013A.

Using the cyusb3.inf from driver for win7 (I am using win10) and adding custom PID/VID/Desc in .inf file, the device can be correctly recognized by windows device manager, Cypress control center and USB console. (The EEPROM is not connected by far.)

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

But, when I use control center to program the firmware (from bulkloop example) file .hex/.iic to RAM/EEPROM, the programming process looks fine, but after this point, the device can be recognized by device manager with new name, but can NOT be recognized by control center or USB console. In fact, control center and USB console freeze without any response. (or it takes more than 1 min to launch, and showing no device.)

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

And if I reset the 68013, control center and USB console can recover immediately, and recognize the device with the default PID/VID and device name.

What causes this problem?

Thanks and any help will be appreciated.

Best,

Zheng

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Zheng Rong,

- Cypress does provide drivers for Win 10. Kindly, refer to the FX3 SDK from the below page. Upon installation of the FX3 SDK, the following path contains the driver for Win 10.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\Win10

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

- Kindly, update the driver to version 1.2.3.20 and let me know if the problem still persists.

- Also, please let me know if you are using the CY3684 DVK board or your own custom board. In case you are using custom board, kindly, test it using bulksrc example firmware and not the Bulkloop or CYStream firmware.

Best regards,
Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Zheng,

-Could you please let us know what the VID/PID of the device is when it appears in the device manager after programming?

-Please make sure that the VID/PID in the firmware is same as the one in your .inf file. Could you try loading a different firmware and see if the error still occurs?

- Please also mention the version of the driver and Control Center you are using.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sananya,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I modified the .inf file and add custom VID/PID as this:

pastedImage_0.png

VID_04B4&PID_8613 is the default code, and VID_04B4&PID_8666 is the custom I added to .inf file.

But both of VID/PID code pair do not work after programming. (can recognized by device manager but not by control center.)

2. I changed the VID/PID in firmware bulkloop and re-build the project to create updated hex/iic file like this:

pastedImage_1.png

so the VID/PID was the same as that in .inf file.

Also I tried the CyStream firmware, but got the same error.

3. I am using the driver of version 1.2.3.10 modified from C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Drivers\Win7\x64. (I am using win10)

and the control center version info is:

Assembly: CyControl (1.2.2.0)

Assembly: CyUSB (1.2.2.0)

I found some different drivers on cypress web, the version number is the same 1.2.3.10, but the .inf is different. Is there any difference in nature of these drivers except the VID/PID/Desc pairs?

Does Cypress provide driver for Win10?

4. The only case I found works is the VID/PID like this (with bulkloop and CyStream firmware):

pastedImage_4.png

one odd phenomenon is the device can be recognized by control center this time, but the PID in control center is not correct.

PID is recognized as 2222 but is 1111 actually in firmware, while the device_desc is correct.

pastedImage_5.png

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Zheng

0 Likes

Hello Zheng Rong,

- Cypress does provide drivers for Win 10. Kindly, refer to the FX3 SDK from the below page. Upon installation of the FX3 SDK, the following path contains the driver for Win 10.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\Win10

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

- Kindly, update the driver to version 1.2.3.20 and let me know if the problem still persists.

- Also, please let me know if you are using the CY3684 DVK board or your own custom board. In case you are using custom board, kindly, test it using bulksrc example firmware and not the Bulkloop or CYStream firmware.

Best regards,
Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath,

Thank you very much for your help.

- Now I am using driver of version 1.2 3.20 and firmware bulksrc example, and everything works well. And yes, I am using custom board. 🙂

- I am a little curious about, Why doesn't the bulkloop or cyStream works with custom board?  I am developing a USB camera with CY7C68013A (GPIF mode), do you think Bulksrc example is a good start point (or reference) to do that?

- By the way, does Cypress provide driver/SDK for FX2LP development in Linux?

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Zheng

0 Likes

Hello Zheng Rong,

Please refer to the below doc.

EZ-USB® FX2LP™ CYStreamer Firmware Does Not Enumerate on a Custom Board - KBA86725

Kindly, refer to the below App Note for GPIF based implementation. This can serve as a starting point for your application.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an63787-ez-usb-fx2lp-gpif-and-slave-fifo-conf...

The FX3 SDK for Linux can be used for the FX2LP device also.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath,

Got it. Thanks a lot.

Best wishes,

Zheng

0 Likes