Invoke UART without schematic?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

hi,

I would like to make a header file that invokes a UART and sets up Printf(). I have the printf working (I think), but I could not find how to invoke and set up a UART in C Code. maybe I'm googling the wrong things. if you guys can point me in the right direction, that would be great

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

The PSoC 5LP UART implementation is UDB based, so you need to let PSoC Creator to do the configuration of the UDBs for you.

What you can do is to disable the UART API generation, so you can use your own UART firmware stack.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I suppose I could just copy paste everything from the auto-generated UART1 folder in the auto-generated area. would that work? is that the best way?

0 Likes

Copying the auto generated code is certainly the easiest way to start working without a schematic.

What is the reason you want to get away from implementing hardware with the schematic?

I've played with this a bit but have not been able to justify the work involved in completely eliminating the schematic. I have found it is convenient to be able to tweak the hardware design in code while debugging.

0 Likes

The PSoC 5LP UART implementation is UDB based, so you need to let PSoC Creator to do the configuration of the UDBs for you.

What you can do is to disable the UART API generation, so you can use your own UART firmware stack.

0 Likes