EZ-USB FX3™ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 peripheral controller connect multiple to one computer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiVi_1497601
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

Is there a way to set the (Serial Number) SN in the device properties it is currently set to nothing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Miguel ,

yes, you can change the Serial number string from the USB descriptor on the firmware.

From an application perspective, If you need to differentiate the two devices on your application means you can use the device path on windows.

Thanks & Regards,

Shanthakumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
shkuc_292731
Level 3
Level 3

Can you elaborate more ?

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes I would like to run two FX3 chips simultaneously on the same computer on two USB 3.0 ports. So what would be the best way have an identifier, such as a serial number? Would I need to have two sets of firmware, if the firmware does need to change? I can see in the cyfxusbenumdscr.c file you can change the /* Serial number string index */ value. What would be the best approach? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Miguel Villasana

Luxima Technology LLC

0 Likes

Hello Miguel ,

yes, you can change the Serial number string from the USB descriptor on the firmware.

From an application perspective, If you need to differentiate the two devices on your application means you can use the device path on windows.

Thanks & Regards,

Shanthakumar

0 Likes