Strange power consumption on advertisement interval using BCM 20737

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I set advertisement interval below using Wiced Smart SDK running BCM92073X_LE_KIT.

/*.high_undirect_adv_interval     =*/ 800,   // 32 slots (20ms)

and other setting is

/*.high_undirect_adv_interval     =*/ 1600,   // 32 slots (20ms)

But we found there is no difference between 800 slots and 1600 slots on power consumption.

Power consumption is the same  between 800 slots and 1600 slots.

My test is correct?

I ran hello_sensor application. I just modified adv_interval.

I'm looking forward to BRCM experts' reply.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First of all, the tag3 is not the best platform to measure current consumption.

800 slots (0.5s) is a rather long interval for high_undirected as compared to the hello_sensor. Assuming you are in sleep mode after each advertising event and you set a long enough duration, I will not be surprised if you get 22uA, considering the sleep current for the 20737 (chip only) is around 12uA.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Not sure how you measure the power consumption on your tag3, but below is a good write-up by JT on this topic.

Re: Power consumption

So what kind of readings did you get?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The current value of interval 800 slots and 1600 slots is 0.022 ma.

Is it correct value?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

First of all, the tag3 is not the best platform to measure current consumption.

800 slots (0.5s) is a rather long interval for high_undirected as compared to the hello_sensor. Assuming you are in sleep mode after each advertising event and you set a long enough duration, I will not be surprised if you get 22uA, considering the sleep current for the 20737 (chip only) is around 12uA.

0 Likes

Any more follow up questions?

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that I have deleted your post which contained questions about an unreleased evaluation board as this will cause alot of confusion within the community.  Until formally released in Q315, please leverage your regional/local support team for questions related to this tool (confirmed that you are already working with them as well).

nsankar boont j.t

0 Likes