How to do RF Testing for CYW20719 device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
veb_3529051
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

I'm new to this IoT, & i would like to test RF parameters of "CYW20719" Bluetooth device,  kindly help me to get the AT commands to keep device in manual mode for conducting the Tx, Rx tests.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

In the WICED Studio SDK, Please refer to 20719-B1_Bluetooth/wiced_tools/wmbt/readme.txt. There are some explanations about how to test and verify the RF performance.

You can get the latest SDK here: WICED Studio Wi-Fi/Combo Docs & Downloads

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

In the WICED Studio SDK, Please refer to 20719-B1_Bluetooth/wiced_tools/wmbt/readme.txt. There are some explanations about how to test and verify the RF performance.

You can get the latest SDK here: WICED Studio Wi-Fi/Combo Docs & Downloads

Thanks!

Can you help me to find some code examples to run on evaluation board.

0 Likes

There are many code examples below apps/demo file in the SDK. You can try them on your board depending on your application. There are descriptions about how to demonstrate the demo in the .c file (for example, you can find how to demonstrate the hello sensor demo in the hello_sensor.c). You may start with hello sensor demo.

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi,

can i use BlueTool/ Host Control tools? and we i can get these tools.

0 Likes

Please find the clientcontrol.exe under the apps/host/client_control/windows. You can find the readme.txt file about how to use it.

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi zhxh

Where i can get the an application to configure the 20719 to WICED HCI test mode.

0 Likes

Do you mean the HCI mode or RF test? If you are using the HCI mode, you don't need to download the application. Just send the HCI command described in the WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf. The document is located in the doc folder in the SDK.

0 Likes

Hi,

In HCI mode can we able to test RF Parameters? like unmodulated carrier frequency, power etc.,

In "WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf" document commands are given with some examples, but if i wanted to test all the unmodulated carrier with different power levels where i can get the register values/ setting ?

Is their any document which gives the registers settings and how to calculate the register values for desired frequency & power levels.

Thanks . . . . . .

0 Likes

The question seems to be solved in another thread of yours.

How to get vendor specific commands for Device CYW20719

0 Likes