CCG2 CCG3 how to edit PDO data in configuration table with PSoC creator

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aldr_3203566
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I have a CCG2  and would like to be able to program it fully through the PSoC creator software (version 3 as it matches the sample code) using the PSoC programming dongle.  However, it appears the PDOs in the configuration table are updated while programming with the PSoC creator software and overwrite currently stored values.

I would like to edit this table, I believe I have located the data stored in the usbpd_config.c file located in Firmware/projects/CYPD2122-24LQXI_mobile/CYPD2122-24LQXI_mobile.cydsn/i2c_boot-nb.cydsn/usbpd_config.c.

However, this is just a table of raw data.  Can I use the EZ-PD configuration utility to generate this table, or extract it somehow from a EZ-PD configuration saved file?

I have confirmed I can at first program with PSoC creator software, and then update the table data with EZ-PD configuration utility.

Ultimately I would like to be able to quickly program the devices in production in one step with a .bin format and would like to incorporate this PDO data into that file.

Are there any directions or information concerning bulk production programming that I might have missed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Allan,

Q: However, this is just a table of raw data.  Can I use the EZ-PD configuration utility to generate this table, or extract it somehow from a EZ-PD configuration saved file?

>> Yes, you can. Please kindly follow below process to add/delete your own SOURCE/SINK PDO with EZ-PD configuration Utility and generate configure table file with .c format ( EZ-PD configuration Utility) will AUTO generated it after you click File > SAVE AS.

1) OPEN EZ-PD configuration Utility;

2) NEW project of CCG2 or CCG3 (EMCA project cannot support .c file generation).

3) For EXAMPLE, you have already opened CCG2 notebook project with CYPD2122.

pastedImage_0.png

4) Go to the folder you have been indicated when you Save as. And then, update usbpd_config.c file in PSoC project.

5) Attention: CCG2 project should update bootoloder project first. And then update bootloader file and build application project.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Allan,

Have you tried reading the firmware files using EZ-PD configuration utility?

First bulid your PSoC project so as to generate the HEX output. Then open EZ-PD utility. Under Files > Read from firmware file, you can read a HEX firmware, make changes to the configuration (like PDO's) and save it back using File > Save to firmware file option. Now with that saved firmware image, you can program all your chips using PSoC programmer application and the miniprog3.

I hope I was on point to your query.

Best regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

Hi Rajath,

Thank you! I did not think of this method and appears it will work.

0 Likes

Hi Allan,

Q: However, this is just a table of raw data.  Can I use the EZ-PD configuration utility to generate this table, or extract it somehow from a EZ-PD configuration saved file?

>> Yes, you can. Please kindly follow below process to add/delete your own SOURCE/SINK PDO with EZ-PD configuration Utility and generate configure table file with .c format ( EZ-PD configuration Utility) will AUTO generated it after you click File > SAVE AS.

1) OPEN EZ-PD configuration Utility;

2) NEW project of CCG2 or CCG3 (EMCA project cannot support .c file generation).

3) For EXAMPLE, you have already opened CCG2 notebook project with CYPD2122.

pastedImage_0.png

4) Go to the folder you have been indicated when you Save as. And then, update usbpd_config.c file in PSoC project.

5) Attention: CCG2 project should update bootoloder project first. And then update bootloader file and build application project.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Thank you! I will also try this method and choose one appropriate for production use.

I would like to be able to extract the .c file generated raw data, and this method looks like it will work.

Thank you!