How to Build FreeRTOS 10.0.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just freshly installed WICED Studio 6.2 and am interested in learning how to build

FreeRTOS programs in the WICED Studio IDE for the CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation Board.

There is a Makefile provided by the WICED Studio 6.2 installation in this directory:

Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS.mk

As I understand, it is currently using the FreeRTOS 9.0.0 library.

I have been trying to understand how to build the sample program that this Makefile provides and learn exactly what it does,

so that I can use it as a template for building my own program, but I cannot figure out how to write a functioning 'Make Target' for it.

I tried to create a 'Make Target' using the string "FreeRTOS-CYW943907AEVAL1F download run", but it produces the following errors:

./tools/makefiles/wiced_config.mk:420: *** No application specified. Options are: README.txt demo snip test waf wwd.  Stop.

make: *** No rule to make target `build/FreeRTOS-CYW943907AEVAL1F/config.mk', needed by `main_app'.  Stop.

Can someone please help me understand the correct syntax for a 'Make Target' to build the FreeRTOS sample?

A little extra information:

- Running WICED Studio 6.2.

- The only experience I have with WICED Studio is from Alan Hawse's video series, linked here.

- I am on a Linux Ubuntu 16.04 machine.

- Working with a CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation Board.

- Will need to eventually upgrade from FreeRTOS to Amazon FreeRTOS, which I have been told is simply version 10.0.1.

Message was edited by: Jeremy Higgins Clarifying question. Would like to learn how to get WICED Studio to build the FreeRTOS kernel version 10.0.1 instead of version 9.0.0.

0 Likes
3 Replies
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

No application specified in your build command.

e.g. to build scan snip code:

./make snip.scan-FreeRTOS-LwIP-CYW943907AEVAL1F download download_apps run

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. It took some experimental banging, but I managed to figure out the proper Make Target. However, I've run into another problem.

When freshly downloaded from Cypress' site, the WICED Studio 6.2 includes the FreeRTOS kernel version 9.0.0.

The current FreeRTOS kernel is version 10.0.1, which can be obtained here.

In another thread on this site, found here​, a colleague of mine was trying to figure out how to get WICED Studio to work with FreeRTOS 10.0.1. When the FreeRTOS kernel version 10.0.1 files are added to WICED's libraries in a new folder and the Makefile is redirected to that folder (Line 35 in FreeRTOS.mk), this block of errors is produced on build:

/tmp/ccH7TIJ5.s: Assembler messages:

/tmp/ccH7TIJ5.s:691: Error: selected processor does not support `fmxr FPSCR,r3' in Thumb mode

make[1]: *** [build/snip.scan-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug/Modules/WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/port.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S: Assembler messages:

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:136: Error: selected processor does not support `fmrxne R1,FPSCR' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:136: Error: selected processor does not support `vpushne {D0-D15}' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:139: Error: selected processor does not support `vpopne {D0-D15}' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:139: Error: selected processor does not support `vmsrne FPSCR,R0' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:150: Error: selected processor does not support `vpopne {D0-D15}' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:150: Error: selected processor does not support `vmsrne FPSCR,R0' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:237: Error: selected processor does not support `fmrxne R1,FPSCR' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:237: Error: selected processor does not support `vpushne {D0-D15}' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:248: Error: selected processor does not support `vpopne {D0-D15}' in ARM mode

WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.S:248: Error: selected processor does not support `vmsrne FPSCR,R0' in ARM mode

make[1]: *** [build/snip.scan-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug/Modules/WICED/RTOS/FreeRTOS/ver10.0.1/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CRx_No_GIC/portASM.o] Error 1

Finished Building Serial Flash Loader App

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

0 Likes

No idea, I got the same build error.

0 Likes