AFH in PSoC 4/PRoC BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH) is a feature introduced in the Bluetooth Core Specification 1.2 by Bluetooth SIG to support coexistence and collocation. This means that Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), which is Core 4.2 if I'm not mistaken, must have this feature.

Does anyone know if this means that BLE modules/chips, by default, must comply to this? Do PSoC 4 and PRoC BLE (ie. CYBLE-022001-00) support this AFH feature? Or, only chips (ie. CYW20706) that indicate "supports AFH" in its datasheet employs AFH?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

All Cypress PSoC4 BLE/PRoC BLE devices uses AFH. Refer page#61, section 'Link Layer'.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

All Cypress PSoC4 BLE/PRoC BLE devices uses AFH. Refer page#61, section 'Link Layer'.

-Gyan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, gyan​!

Is there a way to monitor (real time) the channel the BLE is using? As far as I know, there are 40 Channels: Channels 37-39 are used for advertising and the rest are data channels used during connection. Would using the CyBle_GapGetChannelMap() API provide this real-time update of the channel being used?

0 Likes

Hello,

The master device classify the data channel as used channels and unused channels.

To classify the channels master uses CyBle_GapcSetHostChannelClassification() API.

The master uses CyBle_GapGetChannelMap() to check the currently used data channels.

-Gyan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, gyan​.

So, I think this means that it is the master that decides what channels to use, and that a slave device/peripheral is not capable of implementing the AFH. Is this correct?

0 Likes