I2C Master communication issue with two slave.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DV
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am trying to Interface two slaves with single I2C master with my own developed board which has on CY8C4245AXI-483 controller on it.

I have interfaced two I2C slave with single master, 1. PCF8574AT usd for interfacing 20x4 LCD, 2. DS1307 RTC. i have used 4.7K resistor to make I2C lines pulls up.

what i am trying to do is to fetch data from DS1307 RTC and displaying it on LCD.

At firmware side i am using SCB block for I2C master control. When i am running my code it sending data to LCD, and LCD displaying string properly, but i am not able to Read data from DS1307  and its gives constant data.

Interesting thing is that, i have make same setup with another general purpose board with same controller chip on it which has not DS1307 on it, i have interfaced it separately and my same code is working properly with this setup.

I am not getting any idea that why its not working with my designed circuit board.

Can anyone help me to over come this problem??

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

All I2C master APIs return a status which can give you a hint what runs and what not.

Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

All I2C master APIs return a status which can give you a hint what runs and what not.

Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
DV
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thank you bob for your reply.

I got the solution and it is working fine now.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you tell us a bit about the error? Might help some other users.

Bob

0 Likes