WICED SDK Installation issues on Windows 7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running on a windows 7 with 4 GB memory. Installation of WICED Smart SDK gets stuck in Step 1 and never progresses further. Dont see any messages or warnings w.r.t Java / JDK / JRE. From what i know latest versions of all JRE is installed and running

I also tried this on my Mac and the installer file never opens. Pretty much stuck. Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

What is the size of the file you downloaded from here: WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1-IDE-Installer (Windows)

260+MB?  The problem you mentioned is normally related to the file only partially downloading.  Most of the time, disconnecting from the corporate VPN will allow you to download the file in its entirety.

The Windows installer for SDK 2.2.1 linked above has been downloaded a couple dozen times in the last 2 days and nobody else has reported an issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The file download has no issues. The installer extracted the files and started the wizard. I get stuck with the Wizard

On my Mac, the Installer (2.2) does not open.

0 Likes

Perhaps others can reply that may have had the same issue.

64b or 32b?

I will try to see if this is an issue for anyone else.  Even reinstall the SDK again myself.

mohansri

0 Likes

I just downloaded on my Windows 7, 32b machine the SDK linked above (did a save as to the desktop, then executed the file on the desktop) and it worked without a hitch.

I don't have a MAC for testing.

mohansri

0 Likes