Delta Sigma Level Shift Buffer Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiSt_296941
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I am using the Level Shift buffer mode on my Del Sig.  It says it will measure down to 100mV below ground.  However there are no specifications on this.  Am I guaranteed to be able to measure AT LEAST 100mV below ground on every production unit? 

Mike.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Mike,

The level shift mode designed to support 0V( close to ground rail voltages). Even though the component shows 100mV below ground, this is not a guaranteed spec. PSoC as specified in the datasheet, is expected to work from VSSA to VDDA, and that much range is only guaranteed.

Best Regards,
VSRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth

Hello Mike,

The level shift mode designed to support 0V( close to ground rail voltages). Even though the component shows 100mV below ground, this is not a guaranteed spec. PSoC as specified in the datasheet, is expected to work from VSSA to VDDA, and that much range is only guaranteed.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes

My experience has shown that it does measure below ground - tested one unit down to -103mV and may have gone further.  Is there any information on what will affect this lower limit?  We plan to calibrate our units before shipping so we can verify that they will go to -100mV at room temperature.  Any information on what may happen over temperature?

Mike.

Vasanth

Hello Mike,

As the conversion over negative range happened only to ensure that absolute ground rail is measurable without any problem. As this is not a spec we do not guarantee, variation over temperature is not characterized.

Best Regards,
VRS

0 Likes