Powering up PSoC 4 with a 9V battery

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I am trying to power up the CY8CKIT-042 (PSoC 4 kit) with a 9V battery using Vin, I have regulated the battery power to 5V, but

the board is not getting powered up.

Can anyone help me with this?

Awaiting response.

Thank You

Arshiya Tabassum

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Arshiya,

There shouldn't be any problem in powering the device using the arduino header (J1).

But to power the board to 5V, the input power supply must be above or equal to 5V and not less.

In case you need to power the board only to 3.3 V, then connect the System Power Supply Jumper (J9) to 3.3 V and try powering the device again.

Also make sure that the PSoC 4 Power Supply Jumper (J13) is connected.

If this doesn't work, then check you voltage regulator circuit and the ground connections.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi ,

Are you trying to providing the input through J11 header ?

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.

Through J1 header

0 Likes

Hi Arshiya,

There shouldn't be any problem in powering the device using the arduino header (J1).

But to power the board to 5V, the input power supply must be above or equal to 5V and not less.

In case you need to power the board only to 3.3 V, then connect the System Power Supply Jumper (J9) to 3.3 V and try powering the device again.

Also make sure that the PSoC 4 Power Supply Jumper (J13) is connected.

If this doesn't work, then check you voltage regulator circuit and the ground connections.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh