Can component pins be connected to the logic fabric?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Specifically, I'm trying to invert the output of a UART.  I tried just adding an inverter to the output of the component but the synthesizer won't allow that.  In general, it seems like component pins can only be connected to device pins.  This seems like a major limitation so I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

That will be possible if you use an UDB implementation of the UART. When using the SCB (fixed function blocks), you might be able to make it work using the SmartI/O block.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also would like to swap TX and RX pins on the logic side due to a layout mistake.  I had no problem doing this in PSOC5 but PSOC6 doesn't seem to allow this.

0 Likes

That will be possible if you use an UDB implementation of the UART. When using the SCB (fixed function blocks), you might be able to make it work using the SmartI/O block.

0 Likes

But the SmartI/O block is only available on P8 and P9. If you are using other ports, it will not work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I create a UDB uart?

0 Likes

You could refer to the PSoC 4/5 UART UDB implementation. All the PSoCs have the same UDB architecture, so as long you have enough hardware resources, they should be portable from one PSoC to other, with a few changes.

Perhaps someone here in the community already did this work. Cypress also has plans to provide such component as well, but not any time soon. We actually recommend to use SCB for UART, since there are so many available in PSoC 6. But I understand your hands are tied, since you already finalized your hardware.

0 Likes