Source code for programming Parallel NOR Flash (S29GL01GS, S29GL512S)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Cypress parallel NOR Flashes have a lot of advanced programming features such as the OTP Password register that are not covered by generic mtd cfi_flash.c code.

Does Cypress have source code available that demonstrates the command set of the S29GL01GS/ S29GL512S, particularly with regards to programming the devices?

1 Solution

Hello Mike,

Please find below a link to the requested patch that will enable the ASP features:

https://cycorp-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/bacd_cypress_com/EQyqYYurF3ZBhQTiCNRSJWkBbb-WuUviXe3...

Please note that the link will expire in two weeks.

Best regards,

Bacem

----

Bacem Daassi

Cypress Semiconductor Corp.

Customer Application Engineering

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. Currently we are reviewing the inquiry and will get back to you as soon as we find the resolution.

Have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello Mike,

Please find below a link to the requested patch that will enable the ASP features:

https://cycorp-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/bacd_cypress_com/EQyqYYurF3ZBhQTiCNRSJWkBbb-WuUviXe3...

Please note that the link will expire in two weeks.

Best regards,

Bacem

----

Bacem Daassi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick response, Bacem.

I was wondering if Cypress had any more reference code on how to use these ASP ioctls.  The example.c file only demonstrates one call (CY_IOCTL_SECTOR_DYB_LOCK).

I would like to have a little more confidence that my functions are correct before I start writing passwords to OTP space.  I searched the web for "mtd_password_info" and did not find any matches for that structure.

0 Likes

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately, we don't have additional examples. However, the ASP behavior should be well documented in the datasheet.

You won't find any reference to the patch in the web because it was developed by Cypress and not merged to the main-stream. 

Best regards,

Bacem

----

Bacem Daassi

0 Likes