BLE_FindMe example using long range module CYBLE-202007-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Zaborpila
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I have been trying to make the BLE_FindMe01 example work using a CYBLE-202007 (connected to the KIT CY8CKIT-042-BLE for programming) but I am not able to see its advertisement, no matter what I use to scan (the BLE Dongle that came with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE, other Cypress modules, ...).

I am using PSoC Creator 4.2. I downloaded the BLE_FindMe example using it.

I made the following changes/additions to the original code:

• Set device to 202007-01
  • Set Adv/Scan Tx power and Connection Tx power to -12 dBm

• In main.c:

/* Enable CYBLE-202007-01 BT Power Amplifier */

/* Define the test register to switch the PA/LNA hardware control pins */   

#define CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL 0x40030008

• In the StackEventHandler, when the event is CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON:

/* Set ECO capacitance trim value to the value required by CYBLE-202007-01 */

/* https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10498 */

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLERD_BB_XO_CAPTRIM), 0xD0D0);

/* Enable CYBLE-202007-01 BT Power Amplifier*/

/* Configure the Link Layer to automatically switch PA control pin P3[2] and LNA control pin P3[3] */

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG),0x0331);

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL), 0x80000302);

I tried it with both 3.30 and 3.52 version of the BLE with similar results: I am not able to see the advertising while scanning with other BLE devices.

I have attached a copy of the project I am using.

I suppose I might be missing something related the amplifier of the module.

0 Likes
3 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

->  Have you connected an external antenna to this module or using the on board PCB antenna?

-> Please note that if you are using on board PCB antenna ,you have to populate  cap (C14) and Inductor (L1)  as mentioned in the datasheet ( http://www.cypress.com/file/318881/download  page#13).

For more info refer the thread- CYBLE-202007-EVAL disconnect frequently

Regards,

Gyan

0 Likes

Hello,

I am using an external antenna, the same one which I have successfully used in the past while working with the module as a scanner.

I will try switching to the board on PCB antenna and see if there is any improvement.

0 Likes

Hello,

If it was working perfectly with a Scanner Application, then ideally it would have worked with your Find Me example project as well.

How are you observing the Advertising packets? Are you using any Mobile App or using the similar BLE device as a Central/Client project for scanning the peripheral/server devices?

Kindly check with CySmart Mobile Android/iOS app or CySmart BLE-USB Dongle with CySmart PC Tool (if available with you ) and confirm.

-Gyan