Hello ,

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am using S29GL512M nor flash, it was working ok initially but now im not able to erase it ,it is showing error in erasing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Your md command result shows that the device is in ID-CFI read mode instead of main Flash array read mode. I think U-Boot issues ID/ CFI entry command and then read device IDs to identify the Flash. To return to the main Flash array, Reset or Exit command is required. Please make sure your Flash driver in U-Boot issues Reset/Exit after reading device IDs.

Best Regards,

Takahiro

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. Please send us the screen shot of the failure and all the steps you are issuing for the erase.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I have attached the screen shot of failure , kindly revert.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. The log says that "Erased 64 sectors" so erase is working.

I have some questions and requests below.

1) Full part number of the Flash like S29GL512N11FFI010

2) You said "it was working ok initially...". Does it mean you could erase/program several times or just one time?

3) Could you run the "md"  command to check if the Flash is really erased after erase command (Flash content should be all 0xFF)

4) Could you run the "cmp" to check where the "cp.b" command stopped

Best Regards,

Takahiro

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

The part number is S29GL512T11TFIV10. The issue is coming in

programming/erasing for the first time.Please find attachments of

screenshots when we run md cmd

Regards

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 11:53 AM, tkuw <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Your md command result shows that the device is in ID-CFI read mode instead of main Flash array read mode. I think U-Boot issues ID/ CFI entry command and then read device IDs to identify the Flash. To return to the main Flash array, Reset or Exit command is required. Please make sure your Flash driver in U-Boot issues Reset/Exit after reading device IDs.

Best Regards,

Takahiro

0 Likes