Include WICED WiFi as library in own project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sugac_3385211
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

what is the easiest way to compile the WICED SDK with it's minial configuration to support STA and AP mode as a library which can be linked against our own existing project  ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Suresh:

Usually we compile a elf image by gcc command with some types input like:

1.  object file.

2.  static lib

3.  shared lib

4.  some command input

because we need the head info and symbol table in the input file.  ok,  elf should have a symbol table also, but it is linked already.

So basically we will say no to include elf as a lib into IAR .  thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi  Suresh:

We have a apsta in the directory apps/snip/apsta,   that should be a good reference , I think you build up your application based on this example .

what is your meaning of include Wiced wifi as library?   I am a little confused.

Hi Zhez,

I want to compile and build the driver in .elf format.Than I want to use it as library in IAR workbench ,where rest of the project development is taking place.Than we have to write HAL layer for WICED wifi,over which app development will take place.(Please ignore "minimal" work from original question,as we want fully functional wiced wifi driver as library) .

You can also refer https://www.cypress.com/mycases/5001a00000dm4gS to understand my concern.

Please suggest how this can be done .

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes

Hi Suresh:

Usually we compile a elf image by gcc command with some types input like:

1.  object file.

2.  static lib

3.  shared lib

4.  some command input

because we need the head info and symbol table in the input file.  ok,  elf should have a symbol table also, but it is linked already.

So basically we will say no to include elf as a lib into IAR .  thanks.

0 Likes

Hi Zhez,

So,How can I convert WICED 43xxx_Wi-Fi into a static library ?

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes