PSOC 4 thermistor interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RARA_2227736
Level 2
Level 2

Hi I want to interface thermistor with PSOC4 . so i am using cypress example program.

i am using 10k thermistor . while using this example project i am getting some random outputs. kindly help me to resolve this. i have attached the thermistor data sheet and program.

thermistor part number:B57540G1103H000.

psoc kit used :CY8CKIT-042

thanks and regards

Rajakumar

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you are polling for the ADC to finish, I don't believe you need to call ADC_StopConvert(); afterwards, as it only returns if it completed the ADC conversion. That might be why it is causing randoms values to spit out?

Just as an FYI, Modulus operations (% symbol) are very slow in programs, so if you want better performance/speeds, trying not to use it is preferable.

Try debugging the program with the SWD ports, and see what values the RAM are showing for iTemp, iRes, and how the filtering.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Dear Rajakumar-san,

Since I could not figure out your top circuit, I'll put my temp test project (for CY8CKIT-044).

May be you need to recreate the project for -042.

My top circuit is

TempSense.JPG

And as "B" parameter of my therm is different from yours,

please modify line 24 of main.c from

#define B 3435

to

#define B 3492

And as I'm using log(), we need to add command line "-lm" in Build Settings Compiler and Linker

Compiler_command_line.JPG

Linker_Command_line.JPG

Hope this can be a bit of hint/help.

Best Regards,

26-Jun-2018

moto

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rajakumar,

Your project seems to be working fine. Can you please check the following?

1. See if the bias voltage is applied

2. Check the connection from P4[1] on header J3 to PSoC 5LP's P12[6] on header J8 for UART

Also, please check if you can make a change in firmware as suggested by other members.

-Rajiv

0 Likes