Pairing of modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1600091
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi everyone.

I have some questions. I use CYBLE-022001-00 BLE module.

A device Client

B device Server

I'm working on communication client-server. There is no problem communicating.

I use communication protocol when connecting modules.

Connect packet 0x01 0xC0 blemacid1 blemacid2 cheksum 0x04

I want to pair the modules.

Client module connect to server module with connection package.

I turn off the devices and turn them back on again, I want the client module to connect to the server module pair. I want the client module to connect to the server we have mapped to.

When we want to connect to another server, the reset communication package is sent, then the connection package is sent to connect to the new server.

How can i match modules?

Which methods should I use?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You can pair both the devices and bond and in future on power off/on, in your central project check if any boded device is already present in the bonding list of your central device and if it is present send the connect request to the bonded peripheral device only.

If you want to connect to a new server device , remove the bonding information from your central device and allow connection to a new server (peripheral) device.

To implement this feature please refer the code example from below link ( Along with document for testing the project)-

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day015_Bonding at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · G... 

This example will show you how to bond the devices using CySmart App , how to remove a device from the bonding list based on UART commands.

Please let us know if it helps.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You can pair both the devices and bond and in future on power off/on, in your central project check if any boded device is already present in the bonding list of your central device and if it is present send the connect request to the bonded peripheral device only.

If you want to connect to a new server device , remove the bonding information from your central device and allow connection to a new server (peripheral) device.

To implement this feature please refer the code example from below link ( Along with document for testing the project)-

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day015_Bonding at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · G... 

This example will show you how to bond the devices using CySmart App , how to remove a device from the bonding list based on UART commands.

Please let us know if it helps.

-Gyan

0 Likes