uART and Bluetooth central example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr. E. Pratt,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I haven't had the time to try adding the uart_sleep and wake commands yet. What I did was change the code to use the SW UART, and that is working. I am now having problems with current draw through the SPI bus during PSOC deep sleep mode. If I disconnect the SPI MOSI and SClK, from PSOC to the slave, then the excess current goes away. So, I think I might try using the sleep and awake commands for the SPI to see if that helps.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jeff,

I believe there are sleep functions for the SPI just as there are for the UART peripheral. Try using those and see if you can get better performance.

Also, manually configuring the IO pins when unused for the SW pins might help; Turning off the SW DEBUG for the pin outputs will reduce current (at the cost of debugging); And if those don't work, you can try doing an enable/disable buffer between the SPI output in the schematic design page and the output pins themselves to manually enable/disable the pin output for reduced current.

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

This App Note might helpful for low power design - http://www.cypress.com/file/121271/download

-Gyan