channel selection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaAm_1281831
Level 2
Level 2
First comment on KBA 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

Our product uses PROC BLE  Module (CYBLE-022001-00), and we are running some emissions test at the Test Labs,And we are using CYSAMRT to run the tests.

And Test Lab folks want the way to control the BLE module Operating frequency. I think there is a CHANNEL MAP selection command under SEND COMMANDS tab,

The 37 bit value could be used to control channels, but I am not really sure which bit controls which frequency.

Could you please confirm if I am on right path or there is other way to control the operating frequency?

Thanks,

Naga.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

The LSB bit ( In the channel Map Array) is corresponds to the channel -0 and so on----Refer the  below figure taken from CySmart UI-

channel.PNG

The corresponding channel frequency can be find out from the below figure --

Channel_Freq.png

So, based on the frequency you want to use , find the corresponding channel and configure the 'Channel Map' array accordingly.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you double-click the BLE module under the schematic design page, you can navigate to one of the pages (I want to say the one with advertisement settings on it) and choose which channels the BLE radio uses (37,38,39?) with only the 3 channels allowed for the Low Energy modules.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but your solution only helps to choose advertising channel, and not the operating channel.

and I think that is controlled by Master (Host device). CYSMART acts as a host and It seems like It has command to select the Operating channel as I mentioned in my original problem request.

Thanks,

Naga.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, my mistake. I missed the Cysmart reference.

No idea then

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

The LSB bit ( In the channel Map Array) is corresponds to the channel -0 and so on----Refer the  below figure taken from CySmart UI-

channel.PNG

The corresponding channel frequency can be find out from the below figure --

Channel_Freq.png

So, based on the frequency you want to use , find the corresponding channel and configure the 'Channel Map' array accordingly.

-Gyan