fx3s booting with 2 spi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am using cyusb3035 fx3s,i have interfaced fx3s with two spi flash(same specification and separate chip select) through spi interface.

one flash is for booting the fx3 and other is for data storage.can i interface fx3s with two spi flash?will it cause problem for booting if i do?let me know.

thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

No need to do any thing for booting. By default SPI_SSN# will be asserted by the bootloader while booting.

Once the booting is done, we do not touch the SPI_SSN# line.

If you want to communicate with SPI Flash (used for storage purpose), assert the I2S_SD (D2) pin and use SPI APIs to do data transfers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

There will be not any issue if each SPI have a individual chip select line to enable one SPI flash at a time. Have you taken care of this?

Hello hemanth,

I am using SPI_SS#(C1) pin as chip select for one SPI flash and I2S_SD (D2) pin as cs for another SPI flash.Fx3s is CYUSB3035-BZXI.

How it will select flash for booting?if i want to use other spi flash for data storage(not for boot),what should i change in the fx3 firmware?

thank you.

0 Likes

No need to do any thing for booting. By default SPI_SSN# will be asserted by the bootloader while booting.

Once the booting is done, we do not touch the SPI_SSN# line.

If you want to communicate with SPI Flash (used for storage purpose), assert the I2S_SD (D2) pin and use SPI APIs to do data transfers.