Can't re-program my psoc5lp through JTAG

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

After one successful programming with my jtag, I'm not able to re-program my psoc5lp with it.

The error happen when doing step 3  Verify JTAG ID. In fact the APACC DATA Read never return the IDCODE now.

I'm using an on board ftdi as jtag programmer.
I'm playing SVF file generated with hex2svf tool in programmer folder.
There is a CPLD in the chain then the PSOC chip.
I'm able to read IDCODE using JTAG IDCODE state.

My configuration is still JTAG 4-wire as factory setting

Which register could I check with TC TAP to verify that Step 2 as been success fully executed ?

Regards,

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Which programming device are you using to program PSoC. You can refer to the PSoC5LP programming spec available at this link:

http://www.cypress.com/file/119651/download

Have you tried programming via PSoC Programmer(PP).If yes, please provide a screenshot of PP with error.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As mention I use an on board FTDI (FT232H). So in fact PSoC Programmer is of no help here as it doesn't support FTDI based programmer.

I read many time "Psoc5lp Device Programming Specification" and didn't find any clue about what's going on.

I have access to TC TAP and DAP TAP JTAG operation (EXTEST,IDCODE)  so I have no issue with device configuration (4-wire jtag as in factory setting)

The only difference with factory device is I think that my code is running in it (which toggle a pin).
My issue is at step 3 of programmer guide where the read doesn't return IDCODE through debug port not jtag operation.
So my guess is that read/write from debug port are not done properly at step 2 because the cortex is now running code

The question is : What could I do with TC TAP to check that I can issue proper read and write with DAP TAP

Regards

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi John,

Since the programming is working first time, can you check if you had changed the 'Debug Select' in your PSoC Creator project. This can cause issue while reprogramming.

Do you have Cypress programmer MiniProg3 ? You can give a try on reprogramming via MiniProg3 and eliminate similar issues.

# What could I do with TC TAP to check that I can issue proper read and write with DAP TAP

To use the DAP TAP, you need to put the TC TAP in Bypass.

http://www.cypress.com/file/123561/download

39.4.1 JTAG Interface Implementation

Thanks

Jobin

0 Likes