Sending info from CCG2 to microcontroller

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking to send source PDO and sink PDO/RDO info from a CCG2 to an Arduino. I've created a digital output pin in the TopDesign, and am planning to just send the hex value serially.

The hope is to be able to access this info as it's being negotiated. How can I access and send this info?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that information will be stored in the CCG2 registers. But to access this, the external controller will need to use 'Host Processor Interface' specification which makes use of the I2C lines to communicate with CCG2. The HPI specification is Cypress Confidential and you can use it after signing an NDA. You can contact your local distributor/FAE to get this.

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrew,

Are you using a dev kit or custom board?

Are you using arduino for only PDO/RDO access from ccg2 and nothing else?

Do you plan to scale up this with other controllers after prototyping with arduino?

Thanks,

RS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

RS,

I am using a custom breakout board for the CCG2 and flashing it with the Mini Prog3.

Correct, the Arduino is just to read the PDO/RDO as they are negotiated. I'm assuming this info is stored somewhere after each negotiation and I can access it .

I would likely scale up with another controller, but right now I just want to prove the concept.

Thanks.

RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that information will be stored in the CCG2 registers. But to access this, the external controller will need to use 'Host Processor Interface' specification which makes use of the I2C lines to communicate with CCG2. The HPI specification is Cypress Confidential and you can use it after signing an NDA. You can contact your local distributor/FAE to get this.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes