WICED Studio 6.2 does not install correctly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I installed the latest version of WICED Studio (6.2) and it doesn't appear to install correctly. On any platform (I tried Windows 10 and Linux/Ubuntu 16.04LTS)

It never asked me what platform I was developing on and showed no WICED-specific menus or dialogs that were shown in the getting started guide. It also did not install the full SDKs and example files.

I downgraded to 6.1 and it appears to show the proper customizations.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WICED Studio 6.2.1 is the latest version, so make sure you install it vs. 6.2 as there were Eclipse based issues in 6.2 which were documented here in the #6.2.1_release_notes

When installing, make sure that you place the installer and the eml in a directory off the root of your c: drive, then execute the installer directly from that directory.

If you continue to have problems, post the install logs here within the thread and someone from the applications team will respond.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WICED Studio 6.2.1 is the latest version, so make sure you install it vs. 6.2 as there were Eclipse based issues in 6.2 which were documented here in the #6.2.1_release_notes

When installing, make sure that you place the installer and the eml in a directory off the root of your c: drive, then execute the installer directly from that directory.

If you continue to have problems, post the install logs here within the thread and someone from the applications team will respond.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing from the root directory and keeping the default installation paths worked for Windows 10

Thanks for reporting back to the thread gdbeckst_3511216

0 Likes

Hi,

You mean the customer should install 6.2.1 by following steps?

1. Install WICED Studio 6.2

2. Place 6.2.1 installer and run it

3. Specify install directory that is the same as 6.2. (Over write)

Is that right?

0 Likes

BTW, I can not find the installer of 6.2.

0 Likes

Install 6.2.1

6.2 was removed from the site, so no need to install it first. Please start a new thread if you run into problems as the apps team is not monitoring threads that have been marked answered.

0 Likes

I made new thread as follows.

Can not install WICED Studio 6.2.1.2(Windows)

0 Likes