Profile Support on CYW20719

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

According to this documentation page: WICED Bluetooth Software Features (CYW20706A2/CYW20719B1)

The CYW20719 does not support the following profiles:

- Handsfree profile

- A2DP Sink

Is this true? These are some pretty common bluetooth profiles that are supported by the older CYW20706 chip. Is support for these profiles being added in the future?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Technical Brief needs to be updated.  It's no longer correct. Unfortunately, we cannot publish specific dates for roadmap devices.

For BT Audio, the 20706 is the better path.

chsisgup

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

As you noted above, profile support for both the CYW20706 and CYW20719 is outlined here: WICED Bluetooth Software Features (CYW20706A2/CYW20719B1)

There will be members added to the 20719 family later this year which will support additional basic BT Audio features.

anpmsgup

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it would be safe to assume those profiles are on the roadmap?

Any details you can share for the timeline?

I'm trying to choose between the CYW20719 and CYW20706 platforms at the moment and the CYW20706 supports all the profiles I need. But the 20719 has a few additional features I'd like to take advantage of...

EDIT:

This document I(Technical Brief: WICED Studio 6.2.1 ) shows conflicting information saying that the CYW20719 does support the HFP and A2DP Source/Sink. Which specification is correct?

0 Likes

The Technical Brief needs to be updated.  It's no longer correct. Unfortunately, we cannot publish specific dates for roadmap devices.

For BT Audio, the 20706 is the better path.

chsisgup

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll focus efforts on integrating the 20706, then.

I hope to see more feature support for the 20719 in the future. The hardware seems to support quite a lot and designs could be much more optimized from the reduced BOM.

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please provide an answer to the above questions? Support for these profiles affects my overall system design. I have eval kits for the CYW20706 and CYW20719 chips on order.

Can you comment on driver support roadmap for PDM as well? It would be nice to have a page/post dedicated to driver/feature support roadmaps.

Thank you!

0 Likes