Concurrent profiles restrictions?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My application requires concurrent BLE and classic Bluetooth profiles including A2DP (source and sink), HFP, and AVRCP. I come from a BLE background. I have been looking for dual mode Bluetooth solutions and identified the CWY20706. The other option I have seen is the TI CC2654, but this chip has restrictions on concurrent BLE and A2DP connections.

Does the CWY20706 have any restrictions on concurrently used profiles?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Yes, you can have concurrent BT (A2DP/HFP/AVRCP + BLE) profile in CYW20706.  However once the streaming (say A2DP streaming) starts , BLE throughput may go low.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Yes, you can have concurrent BT (A2DP/HFP/AVRCP + BLE) profile in CYW20706.  However once the streaming (say A2DP streaming) starts , BLE throughput may go low.

Thanks,
Anjana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the same true for the CYW20719?

The BLE transactions will be relatively light and infrequent so I think the throughput would still be adequate.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, the profile support mentioned is not offered on the 20719.

Profile support for both the CYW20706 and CYW20719 is outlined here: WICED Bluetooth Software Features (CYW20706A2/CYW20719B1)

Most of what you are looking for is listed in the BT Audio section of that page.

There will be members added to the 20719 family later this year which will support additional basic BT Audio features.

0 Likes