cyw20719 + g-sensor by SPI communication

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiLi_2861801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

What I need is just init cyw20719 SPI to read data from g-sensor(X,Y,Z),  How to decrease the power consumption more?  Is it possible to 50uA? (g-sensor only consum 3uA).

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Usually such projects will be implemented with sleep enabled. Otherwise it is very difficult to achieve battery life running into days. Most of the time the BLE device is sleeping. You can put the sensor in such a state that it gives you an interrupt when it detects motion which wakes up your device and start collecting data from the sensor. You can refer to the following post for an example on how to interface with a motion sensor:

Motion Sensor Project with CYW20719/CYW20735

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AbhishekK_31
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 solutions authored

Hi,

You need to put the device in to low power modes such as PDS or SDS. In SDS the current consumption is in low uA range. You can refer Low Power Guide for more details. WICED has a demo app called low_power_sensor which implements low power modes

0 Likes

Hi.

SDS Or PDS will close the SPI. But I need SPI actived to read the data from g-sensor.

If the chip wake up from Sleep mode. The current will back to at least 1.35mA

0 Likes

As per the datasheet the current in PDS mode is 61 uA so it will be difficult to go below that in the active mode. How frequently will you be reading the sensor values? Usually the idea is to wake up, read the sensor values as soon as possible and go back to sleep so that the average power consumption is low

0 Likes

Hi amka,

After wiced_bt_stack_init(), and stop adv & scan, the current at VBAT still has 1.35mA,  Isn't it still a very huge number for a pedometer?  Usually, a wrist with 70mAh li-battery can be used at least 5days with a Segment screen.

0 Likes

Usually such projects will be implemented with sleep enabled. Otherwise it is very difficult to achieve battery life running into days. Most of the time the BLE device is sleeping. You can put the sensor in such a state that it gives you an interrupt when it detects motion which wakes up your device and start collecting data from the sensor. You can refer to the following post for an example on how to interface with a motion sensor:

Motion Sensor Project with CYW20719/CYW20735

Thanks, amka. I will follow that thread to do my job.

0 Likes