uGUI PSoC 5 sample with SSD1963 LCD Controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ANNA_2615691
Level 4
Level 4
First comment on KBA First solution authored 25 replies posted

Hi everyone!

I want to share this project I'm working on using a CY8CKIT-050 (PSoC5-LP) to integrate a SSD1963 Solomon LCD controller and a XPT2046 Touch controller with uGUI library. I builded the SSD1963 and XPT2046 drivers and it's working very well.

GitHub - AndresNavas/PSoC5_uGUI_Sample: Sample and Test project of uGUI library in a PSoC5-LP Kit us...

I created this project because there's not or really few information about this LCD and Touch controllers with PSoC and those panels are very neat and cheap to use it with cool projects!

Please feel free to use it, share it and improve it.

Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and feedback about it.

Next Improvement: To integrate SDCard for logging data and read Images to display!....

8 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Navas,

Nice! What is screen update rate? Can you post a YouTube video for this.

There is also better way to share projects: (1) Buid -> Clean (this will strip temp files). (2) Select project name -> File -> Create Workspace Bundle -> minimal. (this will create project archive *.zip). (3) Open created archive and delete huge folder Generated Source (it will re-generate itself on next build). The resulting archive will be 10-20x smaller.

/odissey1

lock attach

odissey1

Thank you for your early feedback!...

Attached the smaller source as your recommended!

Unfortunately by now I'm not using YouTube to share videos, however in the GitHUB repository I stored a video and I attached it too in this post!

The update rate in the actual project is about 10FPS, but I'm using several delays, so the processor can do it faster! (and if you use the CY8C58888 version you can go even faster with a Bus clock at 80MHz)

I believe that it's possible to set a timer interrupt every 35ms to update display routines and get about 20 to 25FPS.

Please test it if you can and let me know if you improve the speed.

For the current project I'm working on the update rate is not an issue (can be very slow)

Regards,

A.Navas

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hey Navas,

Thanks for your contribution to the community.

Best Regards,

VSRS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I tried to compile the project but I got two errors which I do not know how to solve!

error N°1: Unable to find component "cy_boot_v5_70".

error N°2: The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild.

0 Likes

Hi chemartin.

The project was done with PSoC Creator 4.2, check your version. Try to update the components before compilation.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

okey, I have the same version... I will try tu update the components and see what happend. tanks so much for your contribution!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was finally able to solve the problem. I did not have the component libraries updated! thanks!

lock attach
ANNA_2615691
Level 4
Level 4
First comment on KBA First solution authored 25 replies posted

Improvement:

SDCard integration with FatFs library to log data and read images.

LCD working with 16bits BUS for 16Bits Color RGB565 format. (Speed improved)

https://github.com/AndresNavas/PSoC5_uGUI_SD_Sample

Please feel free to use it, share it and improve it.

Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and feedback about it.

0 Likes