Use Cy_Pin to release from Sleep/DeepSleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnYo_3398046
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I have a PCB board with a CYBLE_222014-01 chip and two buttons on it. Currently, when both buttons are released, a sound is played. When you push both buttons back down, the sound is stopped. The button's press and release triggers an interrupt within cy_pins.

I would like to be able to put the chip into sleep, deep sleep, and hibernate, as needed. However, I have tested using the sleep modes for power consumption purposes, but now need to be able to pull the device out of the sleep modes when the buttons are pressed.

From what i've read, I need to be using a Watch Crystal Oscillator to achieve anything in deep sleep mode, so i'm thinking I should use WCO instead of ILO, if i can.

Can someone please explain the steps to achieve my goal? As a head's up, i'm extremely new to using PSoC creator, and I don't typically work with firmware, so please speak in terms that are as simple as possible. Thanks in advance!

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are essentially 3 different steps for implementing pin wakeup from power modes:

The pin interrupts being configured properly.

Putting all your peripherals into and out of low power mode.

And configuring the clocks/peripherals to run/not run in the power modes when you switch/desire.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Andrew,

You can use the dedicated interrupts of pins to wake up the device from Sleep or Deep sleep.

Please go through "Interrupts_Example" code example from the code examples section of the PSoC Creator to implement the same. I attached the code example with this post.

Thanks

Ganesh

I will look into this and see if it helps me out! Thank you for the link. I'll get back to you once i've reviewed the material. I have a hard time understanding this all so far, but I might have more precise questions after this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are essentially 3 different steps for implementing pin wakeup from power modes:

The pin interrupts being configured properly.

Putting all your peripherals into and out of low power mode.

And configuring the clocks/peripherals to run/not run in the power modes when you switch/desire.

0 Likes